Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Drawings and Invented Math

So I am getting ready for my up coming thesis show flu[xx]. I have one print left to print and I have cut out three prints, but more on that later.


I have noticed when I am stressed the counter in me tends to come forward. I will count steps, usually until I hit 30 or so, and then stop but some times keep going just for fun. It is 30 steps from where my computer is to the front door and from my bed room in at my home in CT to the kitchen to get a snack. This brings me to some thing new that I would like to explore, my like of prime numbers and repeating patters, as well as connections between these numbers. I find myself adding prime together and see where it goes. Today it started with this. I just began adding to try to get prime numbers and wanted to see where it went. Well this lead to other things. I began to draw an my paper and when I flipped this over I did a drawing on the back of the view from our cabin in Maine.

Images of Maine are not something new for me, when I am homesick or just want to draw something, that is usually what comes out. So in this one there are many of the fun things I would do as a kid there, such as boating and fishing. There is also one or our dogs swimming. I guess when people say to 'go to your happy place' that is where I go.


The next thing I came up with though, came straight of out of the conversation where I was as well as the invented math.



This is an images of our well at home, because we got talking about city water vs. well water and I went from there. I enjoy drawing and know I am not really that great at it but I figure oh well, it is fun. Maybe something will come of it at some point but for right now it is a fun way to explore ideas of home with the ideas of the invented math. Keep and eye out for more, as well as show info.

No comments: