Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tech Support.

Here is a little encounter I had with Gateway. Enjoy.
(background: I was in the process of reinstalling the OS windows XP and was short the apps and drivers disk. I emailed Gateway and here it is)

Orgional email:

Customer (Sarah Gibbons)
05/16/2009 07:51 AM
Hello,I am reinstalling the OS and I don't seem to have the second disk needed, the applications and divers disk that it is asking for. I don't believe I ever received this disk when I bought the computer. Where can I get one of these. I have tried the Drives and Download section of the web site and it is still not working.
Thank you.

Responce:

Discussion Thread
Response (Veena_GWSI351)
05/16/2009 08:55 AM
Dear Sarah Gibbons,
Thank you for contacting Gateway. I would be happy to assist you with this issue.I understand that you are facing an issue with the recovery disk.As per our records, your computer is out of warranty.Gateway updates the Restoration CD frequently. We no longer have the CD needed for your system. These CD's are included with the purchase of a new system and are not sold separately. To download drivers, please visit our Web site at the address below. http://www.gateway.com/support/drivers/ddaStep.aspFor further clarifications, please feel free to visit our website http://support.gateway.com

Have a nice day!
Respectfully,
Gateway Online Technical Support

My reply:

Customer (Sarah Gibbons)
05/16/2009 10:07 AM
I have got the computer working but it will not recognize the various hardware needed to play sound/use the Internet. As I noted I have tried the Driver download page. I will try again since that seems to be my only choice. Thank you for your assistance. As a long time PC user I will no longer be buying PCs, Gateway or others. This would be a non issue if this was Mac computer.

Have a nice day!
Respectfully,
an Ex-PC user.


Should be interesting to see what they say.

* UPDATE: They responded with almost the same message. In response, I got a MacBook Pro.

No comments: